Information and advice about how to officially change your legal name by Deed Poll
Links to site contents...

About Deed Polls
What is a Deed Poll?
Why is it called a Deed Poll?
What is the purpose of a Deed Poll?
Who can apply for a Deed Poll?
How long does the process take?
Can I change my child's name?
Can a birth certificate be changed?
Are there any restrictions on names?
Is a Deed Poll registered anywhere?
Why do people change their name?
Answers to other FAQs

Applying for a Deed Poll
How to apply
Apply online...
for an Adult Deed Poll
for a Child Deed Poll
for a Family Deed Poll
Apply by telephone
Apply by post
Apply in person
Services available and fees
Video guides

Services for previous clients
Apply for a copy of your archived Deed Poll
Apply for a replacement Deed Poll

General name change information
A woman's rights upon marriage
A man's rights upon marriage
A couple's rights upon a civil partnership
A woman's rights upon separation
A woman's rights upon divorce
A woman's rights upon being widowed
A child's rights upon adoption
Adding a middle name
Advice for transsexuals
An alternative to marriage
A unique gift
Changing your name on your passport
Obtaining a copy of your lost Deed Poll
Who to advise after changing your name

UK Deed Poll Service
Contact us
What our clients say about us
In the media
Privacy policy
Terms and conditions and your rights
Home page

How to apply
Apply online

Using our secure server

Click to watch our video guide about applying online

You do not need a debit or credit card to apply online.  You can submit an online application form and then send us a cheque or a postal order.  You can also pay by PayPal.

Click on a link below to
make an online application
Apply for an Adult Deed Poll For changing the name of someone who is at least 16 years of age.
15 year olds can apply but the Deed Poll document issued will be dated for their 16th birthday.

Apply for a Child Deed Poll For changing the name of a child (who is under 16 years of age).
The applicant must have parental responsibility for the child.

Apply for a Family Deed Poll For changing the surname of a family (i.e. at least one parent and one child who is under 16 years of age).
The parent(s) can also change their forenames if required and the child(ren) included will be added to the applicant parent's Deed Poll document.

If you want to change a child's name (who is under 16 years of age) and you need to find out more about parental responsibility, please click here (opens new window) to visit our page about changing a child's name.

Copyright UK Deed Poll Service, All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction of any part of this website's content is illegal without our permission.